Friday, July 28, 2006

What’s on the menu for today

Bring on the FREE events! I’ve got two excellent ones happening today. The first of which is the Pro Wakeboard Tour, where top male and female wakeboarders compete at the season-ending championships from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 28, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 29 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 30 at the Sparks Marina, 300 Howard Drive, Sparks. The best in this field will be making waves with athletic stunts done at high-speeds. Can you beat free, in front of your face, acrobatics? I doubt it. I’ll be there with my camera and note pad. It you spot me come up and chat.

Next Up!

The ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra), called by their press packet “the golden child of the West Coast's buzzing underground scene,” will be playing at 8 p.m. July 28 at the Great Basin Brewing Company in Sparks. The brewery’s staff said to be there by 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. to reserve a table. The concert is (did I already say it?) FREE!

I haven’t heard the band’s music but their impressive list of collaborations, including Jack Johnson, Matt Costa and band the String Cheese Incident, lead me to believe they’re going to put on an excellent show. Describing themselves, they used the words “soulful melodies,” “swirling improvisation” with “precision funk grooves.” I don’t know about you, but I’ve got goosebumps. I’ll see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home