Thursday, March 29, 2007

Check out this band: The Cold War Kids

The whiny noises played constanly on the radio is making me sick.
I'm bored with the repeated attemps at orignallity when everything on the radio sounds the same.

The eveloution of Rock music is constantly evolving and there are so many different generes most of us haven't even explored. Ah thank goodness for the World Wide Web, a convient source to new and 'hidden' music that isn't played on our radio air waves or music video channels (except for occasionly on MTV2 when Crank Yankers isn't on).

My co-worker Pete Krajewski told me about The Cold War Kids and urged me to listen to them.

This is their popular single, “Hang me out to dry”. The footage from the video is the band performing at what appears to be a middle school, surrounded by shaggy hair kids crowding the stage and banging their little heads.

This single got my attention fast! It's got a raw guitar bass line intertwined with the perfect drum beats and the piano nonsense in the middle of the song. And the lead singer, Nathan Willett , has the kind of sexual deviance in his voice that rock stars should have.

As the lead singer in a rock band, your job is to have the kind of voice that makes girls melt and guys aspire to sound like. Maybe it’s been done, but what’s rock without that sexy rebel attitude?

Yeah, I guess that’s it. Sorry guys, it worked for Queen-but that's it.


His voice is a bit softer and sometimes bluesy in other songs, but it’s “Hang me out to dry” that brings a chill to the back of my neck.

Enjoy the video and check these guys out!


Check out some music sites here!
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/
http://www.idolator.com/
http://www.stereogum.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home