Thursday, August 09, 2007

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."HST



I'm leaving for Atlanta, Georgia tomorrow bright and early. I've had the best time here at the Gazette and I'll miss everything and everyone. But it's time to move on.

My lush and sometimes ludicrous blog has been anything but normal, trying to pop ahead of the major blogs thrown to the side like a runt left hungry for attention.

But I shouldn't say that, because I was hovering just below them-struggling to keep my ranking at number #4 and I can't stay put!

Sometimes I wanted to deliver some real edgy, hard-hitting journalism with topics like the N-word, anorexia, and political prisoners...look em' up.

But most of the time it was a place to promote my favorite music and post stupid s*it I found online that made me laugh.

Thanks for reading, I know so many of you did and I'm still baffled by the nu
mbers.

This may be the end at the Gazette but just the beginning for me. I will be continuing in Journalism so look for me now at http://itsyourweekend.blogspot.com/. It will be a bit before I update-hey I have a lot to do coming up!

And now I leave you with a few quotes from Dr. Thompson, without him I'd probably still be shuffling around at the Macaroni Grill.

"I have no taste for either poverty or honest labour, so writing is the only recourse left for me."

"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

Hunter S. Thompson

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is/was the best in No Town.


-davidpatrickcastro.com

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home