Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Awesome Music Video Thursday


I got my nails done last night at Lucky Nails on Plumb Lane. I wanted to get something different, something funky! I wanted something like this ad for Dime Piece but it turned into half neon green and half neon blue. Still funky but a little ghetto fabulous as well.

I love them anyways, and as I found myself staring at the fluorescent colors on my acrylic nails I thought, diamonds would make me complete. As a poor, starving writer it's not likely I'll get diamonds to shine on my fingers and around my neck (although I do have some in my ear-hey hey hey!).

As I was fantasizing about the glamours life I suddenly started belting out "Diamonds are Forever" like some lunatic. Of course I'm no Shirley Bassey but there's always wishful thinking!

Dame Shirley Bassey has one of the most recognizable and stricking voices of all time. She has recorded the themes for three James Bond films, Goldfinger, Moonraker and of course Diamonds are Forever.

The Welsh beauty recorded a number of hits in the 1960s and topped the British charts with songs such as "What Now My Love" and "I (Who Have Nothing)".

I've always been entranced with her Diva-esq voice and stature but it's 'Diamonds are Forever' that captivates me. She is like a wild storm; her voice echos like thunder and her stage presence is electrifying.

I couldn't post Diamonds are Forever on the blog because the embedding from Youtube is disabled, but here is a link to the 1973 performance that will send chills down your spine. The song is heartbreaking. And her silver nails are viscous.

And just for the hell of it, here is her recent remake of Pink's "Get This Party Started", fantastic even at 70.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home