Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Awesome Music Video Wednesday



After being in Las Vegas for the weekend for my "tios" 50th wedding anniversary, I came back to work forgetting it was Wednesday. I frantically flipped through music blogs and fumbled through my memory trying to track down the latest tunes I've been listening to.

No luck...until Stereogum posted a video from indie rocker's Yeah Yeah Yeah's Myspace show in Brooklyn, New York.

Thank you for that Stereogum. Not only are you making my job easier but you've made my Wednesday MUCH brighter.

Maybe this Wednesday music video thing is quicklybecoming "Lex's favorite bands" blog, but I promise I'll change it up next week.

This amazing video appears at first to be a simple fan made grainy recording but is soon revealed to be a dazzling and beautifully filmed genuine music video for their new single "Down Boy". The single is from their NEW EP, Is Is, out July 24th. I know, I spit up my Crystal Light upon hearing the sudden news as well.

Decked out in a sparkling body suit and rolling around in tinsel, lead singer Karen O is a gem on stage. She is a born performer and her haunting yet exhilarating screams will get you instantly hooked. With her signature scarlet red lipstick and cropped black mini bob, she electrifies the stage strutting her long arms and legs. It's no question why she's one of the hottest women in rock.


Their raunchy garage punk rock sound is a hypnotic and infectious breath of fresh air: raw guitar riffs by the brilliant and itty bitty Nick Zinner, in-your-face pounding drum beats by Brian Chase and the ultra sexed-up screeching by Miss O.

Their debut album, Fever to Kill, is a furious frenzy of wild punk rock howls followed by a more mature and intimate second album, Show Your Bones, to officially make the New York trio a household name.

Formed in 2000, the band started early on opening for The White Stripes and The Strokes but soon found themselves performing world wide sold out shows.

The video was shot at the Glasslands show in Brooklyn in May featuring lucky YYY fans who were asked to come dressed in black for the night-vision effect. Some fans weren't so lucky, read the post at Stereogum.




Buy The Yeah Yeah Yeah albums at Amazon.com
IS IS out July 24th

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home