Friday, July 07, 2006

Pirates of the Carribean Insanity!

Tonight was the opening night for the much-anticipated Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The insanity broke loose with tons of anxious fans standing in lines awaiting the sequel to the blockbuster hit.

The long lines were filled with bouncy and giddy girls, boys, teens, parents, couples and seniors.

Kristin and I stood outside looking like stalkers with our hands on the windows peering in waiting for people to leave the theaters. The thing is that apparently company law doesn't allow outside businesses and such to 'solicit' inside the movie theater so we agreed to do our reporting outside.

Suddenly a giant group of pirates creped towards us, our eyes bulged with excitement. I mean, we didn’t think that people would actually dress up so we were ecstatic that they did.

The group were the Sierra Sea Dogz, part of Jimmy Buffet’s Parrot head club. They've been together since August 1999 and get together the last Saturday of every month at the Jib in the Sparks Marina.

They looked lovely in their pirate attire and had apparently dressed up for the first Pirate's movie. They were great to talk to and all smiles. I asked the stupidest question in the universe, "So…you guys came to see Pirates of the Caribbean?"
They looked at me with blank faces, 'No, we're here to see Cars'.

Another group of pirates hurried by and Kristin and I leaped out at them. We begged them to talk with us and they laughed and jumped around with excitement.

They were a group of kids who adored the Pirates of the Caribbean so much that dressing up wasn't enough. They actually were going to have a 'Pirates' themed party to celebrate, equipped with fishnets on the walls, plastic fish, and jungle juice.

So many more left the theaters raving that the sequel was even better than the first one. They tried to tell me what was going on but I kept saying, "I haven’t seen it yet! Wait!" In fact I was planning on leaving work early to see it but I'm sure the boss caught on, so I didn't, heh heh.

Needless to say, I guess the movie was awesome so I totally need to see it. The most important reason is because of course the star, the delicious Johnny Depp. Many girls I talked to agreed with me.

So round up your mateys for swash buckling good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home