Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Awesome music video Wednesday

Now that I’ve discovered ifilm.com’s music videos after my Bjork blog, I’ve decided to create a new segment for your viewing and listening pleasure. Prepare yourselves for Awesome music video Wednesday!

Every Wednesday I’ll post a music video that deserves lots of attention and appreciation. Only the best of the best-but knowing me I’ll throw in a few freaks just for laughs.

But these videos won’t be just my personal favorites, if you have a favorite video you’d love to see and wish to express your undying love for-let me know!! Write a little something about it and I’ll post it on the blog. Come on fools, do it, you know you’re dying to express your lust for Journey, The White Stripes, or even pre-wacko Jacko. Leave a comment after Wednesday’s posts or shoot me email at agray@rgj.com


This week, I couldn’t help myself. Although I was only two when this video came out, the images have been imprinted in my head since I first started watching TV as a toddler. There is nothing like Peter Gabriel’s Sledgehammer; an array of avant-garde claymation and stop-motion animation featuring flying fruit, walking appliances, smiling bumper cars and of course, raw dancing chickens to create this musical masterpiece.

Almost 21 years since its release, nothing can compare to this video. Not even, Shock the Monkey-although it’s pretty close!



Stay tuned next Wednesday and don’t forget to request a video, fools!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a classic, but how about "video killed the radio star" by the Buggles, that was the start original music videos.

Yaz in Vegas

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you post something by michel gondry? -- he's done loads of interesting videos -- like the white stripes stop-motion video built entirely out of legos.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...no matter how wacko he is, Michael Jackson is a great performer ...how about Billie Jean??
Nelly in Texas

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great! Forgot about that one. It was good to see it again!
Can't wait for the next week.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about some "I'm too sexy" or some "I can't drive...55!!!" or some "White and Nerdy" or some Public Enemy #1 or what else...Britney Spears?

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home